Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Collection of personal information by Kitty & Co
Kitty & Co will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner. The types of information we may collect include:
- Identifying and contact information (for example, name, address and email address);
- Financial information (for example, credit card details);
- If you register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website, information about your purchases and your other activity on our website (for example, tracking which areas of the website you visit and the content you view).
We collect personal information to provide you with the products and services you request, as well as information on other products and services offered by us. We may also be required by law to collect some personal information.
Where possible, we will collect personal information directly from you or a person authorised to provide this information on your behalf. Should we collect your personal information from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of this.
If you do not provide personal information requested of you to Kitty & Co, we may be unable to provide you the products or services you have requested or contact you in the future.
Use and disclosure of personal information by Kitty & Co
Kitty & Co will only use or disclose your personal information as permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (http://www.privacy.gov.au).
We will use your personal information to:
- Fulfil your purchase orders for our products and/or gift certificates;
- Provide you with copies of our newsletter;
- Maintain, update and service your account with us;
- Maintain, administer and improve our systems;
- Improve our website, including to modify it to your usage, history and preferences; and
- Provide you with information about our products, store launches, events or other promotional information.
If you provide your email address, you consent to Kitty & Co using your email address to contact you for the purposes listed above.
In order to properly conduct our activities, we may disclose (with your consent where necessary) personal information to other persons or organisations. Such persons and organisation include:
- Our service providers (such as IT service providers and mail houses); and
- Other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
Data quality and security
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, Kitty & Co will take reasonable steps to:
- Make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- Protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- Where permitted by law, destroy and permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
Kitty & Co’s credit card transactions are fulfilled by an authorised banking institution. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, Kitty & Co offers secured server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to prevent others from accessing it. All information is stored on a secure server. Your credit card details are encrypted and then removed from our system once your order has been dispatched.
Kitty & Co will generally provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions when it is lawful and practicable to do so. However, on many occasions, we will not be able to do this. For example, we will need your address in order to deliver any products purchased through our website.
Access to and Correction of Your Personal Information
Please contact Kitty & Co if you would like to seek access to or correct the personal information we hold about you. Kitty & Co will generally provide you with access to your personal information if practicable and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date.
Further information, complaints and requests for access or correction
- have any queries about how Kitty & Co handles your personal information;
- would like to access or correct the personal information we hold about you; or
- have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by us,
Please contact us by:
- Telephone: 0419 100 964
- Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the application of the Privacy Act can be found at the website of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au.